A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Legs

.................Yesterday before lunch I was on the phone talking to Mary. She owns a picture framing shop. I've mentioned her before. She's about the only woman I know in real life who I can say anything and she can relate or at least understand it.

I heard her door chime sound and then a beep. I asked, "Do you need to go?"

"No, its just UPS."

"OOOoooh? Fine legs?"

"Don't know. Let me look." I then heard her tell him, "Move back from the counter, so I can see your legs. The lady I'm talking to on the phone wants to know if they're fine."

I laughed. The guy spoke, "Pecan Brown, baby." He was referring to his legs and....I knew that voice.

"Mary ask if his name is Jones."

"Hey, are you Jones?"

"Yeah." He answered. He's a Native American Indian who does our route too.

I told Mary, "Tell him its the TLC lady."

So she did.... he said, "She better watch flirting with UPS men over the phone. Her daddy might find out and whoop her."

After he left, Mary said, "If your daddy can't stop you from belly dancing on a Pole in Fayetteville, he sure can't stop you from flirting."

lol
Amen!







1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home