A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Double Letters

 
 
I noticed Monday that Ben's speech therapy is beginning to work. He's succeeded in dropping the double D that's not in my name. He was calling me Sheddie. Now its Sher-dee. I noticed he can't say puppet. He says Pushpit. I thought me meant for me to completely close my sock drawer but what he meant was that he wanted to play puppets--with my socks. So we made sock pushpits and did a few song and dance numbers.
 
For some reason when I'm sitting in the den with the boys, they have to sit on me. No matter where I sit--couch, recliner or over-stuffed chair they are sitting on me. I don't mind but Ben tends to use the parts that stick out as handles to pull himself up ont my lap--the parts that stick out are my breasts. When William sees Ben on the throne of Sher-dee's lap, he has to join. What do they do...they fight but who gets it in the nose with an elbow from one or both? Moi! They kiss me and say they're sorry but still... a blow to the nose is no(se) fun.  I told them that if they keep it up, my nose is going to get knocked off and then my glasses will fall down on my chin and I won't be able to see. I demonstrate of course, which they find hilarious. Kids!
 
 
 
 

2 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    And you women thought breasts were just for feeding babies, see, they're handles too... that's why it sholdn't be an issue if a man grabs a woman's breast out in public, he might have been about to fall over and is merely steadying himself :D

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    The day I train mine to look for my housekeys in my small cluttered handbag, while I use my hands to hold 4 bags of groceries that are about to split and spill all the contents onto the porch is the day my breasts can be used as handles by strange men.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home