A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Song of The Belly Dancer

There is a tempo in my heart,
the sound of drums beating.
With eyes closed, I embrace
the rhythm of my soul.
 
I do not fight it, this urge
to dance under a veil of mist.
My hips drop low and thrust up,
arms moving in a come hither slither.
 
As I live this magical dance,
I release the Goddess within,
undulanting in sensuality~
the dance of veils.
 
There is no ending, no finale
to this dance within my soul.
I breathe air and exhale mist,
wrapped in chiffon and coins.
 
Do not hate me for the dance,
praise me for the ability
to release confidence within
and freedom of being a Goddess.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A simple poem about the joys belly dancing brings to my soul.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home