A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

A Birthday Greeting Card sent with Love

One of my favorite online friends is Lorraine. In fact, she's the reason I stayed in yahoo groups after I was hacked in 2001. After I lost all my groups (clubs back then) and other important info, I was a discouraged sherrie fairy.

I remember posting on one of the erotica message boards that I had been hacked and my clubs deleted. I apologized for it happening. She posted "there you are. Do you have any idea how many people are looking for you? We're worried."

So I emailed her back, saying I wasn't going to restart them. I was devastated--felt violated. But she encouraged me to recreate them, telling me that I offered a warm haven for writers who need nurturing and encouragement. So I did..and we became close.

She's gone through a lot over the years, just like I have. She lost a grandchild almost immediately after it was born--so she could understand my loss of child. We laugh. We cry and we make jokes. But when it comes down to one of us needing a shoulder--we're always there. She tells me things I don't like, but she does it with love. That's what true friends do.

Lorraine is my Blood Sister. I love her dearly.

Yesterday I got a snail mailed birthday card from her. I chose to let the boys open it at the 'party.' As I said earlier they like to open cards more than presents. When the time came William opened Lorraine's card. On the front it had a woman in fur--an image reminiscence to the 50's pin-up art--the cheesecake series.

He handed the card to his mom and said, "What's it say, Mommy?".

She read the front: "You make many people happy."

Then opened it and gasped loudly. She gave me a shocked look, so I took the card away from her. Inside it said, "You Slut!" ...I can't remember the rest, because I fell over laughing. It was so...so... Lorraine!

William said, "What's it say Aunt Sherrie?"

I wiped tears from my eyes and said, "It says Aunt Sherrie is Silly. Happy Birthday."

He jumped on me. "William's silly too." and began to tickle me.

Naturally my Mother and Sister were not amused, but then like Cartman says on Southpark..they've "got sand in their vaginas" and are easily irritated. I explained who Lorraine was.

"She's another writer who lives in NJ and works at a Food Magazine as an Editor."

That appeased them. But the truth is... she's my blood sister and knows how to pick out the perfect birthday card. lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home