A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Boys and Nail Polish

After work yesterday, I rode by my sister's house to see the nephews. I hadn't seen them since Christmas day. Boy, were they happy to see me. We played with their new toys for a while and when I was leaving both of them clung to me. Next thing I hear is Lisa saying "Do you boys want to spend the night with Aunt Sherrie?" Ben's answer was to run to their bedroom and get his little dog that he sleeps with. William shouted out, "Yes Ma'am!"

So they came home with me. We made some supper and then got a bath. After the bath, we got on the computer and played games. William got bored and went into the den to play with his gameboy. Ben and I worked on his computer skills. He's not allowed on the computer at school because he doesn't know how to use the mouse very well. Which is total bullshit. Isn't that what school's about? To teach our children? Well, we worked on it and he's learning fast.

After that we watched part of Toy Story 2. Its amazing how they can watch something over and over and still ask me questions!!!

At one point while we were playing with the PC. William would ask me to play some of his new games and when I did what he asked, he would yell at me. Especially if I screwed up. I kept reminding him that I was learning too. I knew he was acting like he was partly because he was tired and partly because Lisa lets the boys getaway with more than I do...and he's been around her 24 hrs a day for 8 days.

So what do I do? I get up and tell William not to be mean to me, that I can't help if I can't play the game like he wants and he's hurt my feelings so I'm going to leave and join the circus. I left the room with the sole purpose of putting their cups of milk back in the fridge. While I was in the kitchen I stacked the dishes and put away the trays they ate on. As I standing at the sink, I suddenly felt two little arms wrap around my left leg. It was Ben. He was distract, saying "I love you, Sherdee, don't go to the circus. Stay with me."

I laughed and picked him up into my arms. He kissed my cheek and I couldn't help but hug him tight. "I'll stay here. I won't go to the circus. All because you love me."

With that we went back to the computer room. His arms around my neck were the warmest thing I've ever felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home