A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, December 03, 2004

Jones and Palm Fronds

Jones came in yesterday to drop off some boxes for our Lab lady. All sexy in his brown UPS uniform, wearing shorts because he can. I was filling out the check and making small talk about work loads, etc. Suddenly he said, "You've got it made."

I gave him a long look over the top of my specs. I've got it made??? He's the one who took 4 weeks off to vacation in Mexico. I went back to what I was doing. I didn't look up from the checkbook as I said, "Well if that were true, Jones, I would be on a tropical beach somewhere, sipping Pina Coladas while oiled naked native men fanned me with palm fronds and feed me grapes."

"Dammmmmnnnnnnnn, you've got that fantasy down to a tee."

I didn't comment. Just handed him the check, signed the computer thingie they use (My signature was "Island Goddess") and told him to have a nice day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home