A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, December 06, 2004

Sher News

PA sent the final proof of my poetry book to me Friday. I have to go over it and make any corrections and send them to them. Once that's done, the art department will contact me on my cover and after I approve that--the book will be finalized and published. Maybe by Feb I'll have a hard copy in my hands. I'm excited and very nerovus. lol

~ ~ ~ ~
I got my first Christmas card today. Its from Martha and Jerry. I should get busy on mine. Maybe I'll get William and Ben to help me this year lol.

~ ~ ~ ~
Sat morn, Mom brewed some coffee with the coffee maker. William asked why was the coffee making noise. She told him it was brewing the coffee. A little while later I heard him playing with his Harry Potter figure. "Harrrrry Pooooottttteer, keep me away from the coffee. Don't let it get on me. Ahhhhhh I'm falling." I think that's the first time I've heard him incorporate something from real life into his make-believe. It amazed me.

~ ~ ~ ~
I looked at the calendar a minute ago. Dec. 6. Just think in 20 days, I'll be hitting the after Christmas sales. lol

~ ~ ~ ~
I had a longer entry written earlier but it was eaten by the internet monster known as the 'white page.'

~ ~ ~ ~
Survivor... finally Miss Queen Bee was de-throned. What happened to losing gracefully? She flipped them the finger when she left...CBS tried to blur it out but I could still see it. I really don't care who wins now...as long as it isn't Scout.

Jeff Probst... he looked fine this Thursday. I keep thinking about him and honey... and time. I'll stop there. lol

~ ~ ~ ~
Tonight we've got the Christmas tree lighting ceremony Downtown. Dad's taking Santa pictures. Hmm... I think I need to corner Santa before he leaves...find out why I didn't get what I wanted last year--an intelligent male stripper in a lime thong, my own adult toy store and an endless supply of batteries...or if none of those were available...a billion dollars. Santa better have a good explanation.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Congrats on the PA news, another step closer! :) And you're not the only one hasn't started their Christmas cards yet... I'm happy Ami is gone too.. and as for your Santa wish-list, wow, isn't that a lot for one girl to handle ;)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    well, yes.. I imagine it is a lot for one girl...but I don't fret over it because I'm a woman. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home