A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

New Route to Water

All alone for a few hours today...and of all days, I couldn't get my bottle of AquaCal black cherry flavored water open. The cap in on tighter than my great granny's girdle. I refused to go next-door and ask one of the guys there to open it. They laugh and say "Oh, poor frail Sherrie." I tried all the tools we have here..but none would break the seal and I was dying of thirst. Even the puddle of water outside by the curbing looked good.

So I'm sitting at the desk with a box cutter punching a hole big in the bottle, big enough to insert a straw when the UPS guy waltzing in... he stands there watching as I triumphly get a hole cut out and a straw inserted.
He asks, "What are you doing?"
"Can't get the cap off, so I'm came in with a straw."
He studies me for a long moment, then he comments, "You are a stubborn woman."
I took a deep draw of water in, wiped my lips and said, "No, I'm a woman of genius."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home