A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, December 02, 2005

Just Sherrie

When I got home Wednesday from dance, my sister drove up behind me. Mom was at my house with the nephews, waiting for her to pick them up. I went in back door ahead of Lisa. The backdoor opens into the kitchen. Mom was standing there and I heard her tell William, "It's just Sherrie." He said, "Hey Just Sherrie. We're waiting for Mommy."

I laughed. Then Lisa came in and William ran up to her and said, "Mommy, did you bring 'Just Sherrie' with you?"

Funny kid.

I'm finally over my respiratory bug. It sucked being that sick and still having to work and write the novel. Can't believe I did it. Must have some fairy dust in me bones after all.

As I predicted the next 21 days are going to drive me crazy. I'm getting copy and restoration orders in for Christmas. And people are booking photo sessions.

But I will find time to have some fun... ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Peanut Road said…

    That reminds me of the classic bit of corn from the Beverly Hillbillies...

    Justin: How do you do? I'm Justin Addison.

    Jed: Well shucks, I'm just a Clampett.

    (paraphrased -- too lazy to look up the exact wording)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home