A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, December 05, 2005

A Poem: Night Arrives



Night arrives
with a murderous swarm of fog;
the death of autumn in my soul.

I search for you,
a mist of burnt sage and sweat
inside the shadows of moonlight
that taunt the satin of our bed.

Lust is the vapor we inhale,
as you impale me with
the rot of manhood;
the beginning and now the end.

Wisps of heat rise
touching mist of night
and I die a little death

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First poem I've written in ages. Funny how being a little horny can twist a perfectly good start of a poem into something carnal and decadence.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    burning sage and me..

    and you make three...

    This is sort of funny but back in college, one of my roommates and I would roll sage in a wrapping paper and sell it to the freshmen on our dorm floor...we told them it was pot. lol... we would get enough money to go partying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home