A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, December 05, 2005

Rainy Monday

It's the first Monday of December. We're rainy today. Cool and rainy. Yesterday was really nice... the temp was 73 F and the sun was out. But not today. It's nasty out there.

I'm glad I'm inside. Lots of people downtown today. Almost all are walking by the studio and talking..at first I thought to themselves and then I realized they were yakking into cell phones. Oh the joys of cell phones...I believe they're the reason so many people march down the streets of Lumberton, forsaking window shopping as they discuss sordid details of their lives over their cell phones with other cell phone zombies. I refuse to fall into the trend... and become a zombie of cellular land.

Had an ok weekend. Could have been better if naked slave men had been around to rub me down with oil. But it was an oil-free weekend, so that meant I had to contend with other things, like work and a small party on Sat night.

Was fun...not enough guys who knew how to talk about non-sports related topics. I like sports like the next person, but there are times...like when I'm wearing raspberry flavored lipstick and baring cleavage that the topic of NFL ranking seems out of place.

Did anyone catch the season finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm? Oh it rocked...was too funny, especially when Larry thought he had met his adoptive parents and thought that he was now a gentile...but he wasn't... in fact he wasn't adopted at all. This season was one of the funniest.

I worked on the magazine yesterday. I keep thinking of things to add to it. Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow.

Nothing much going on... just watching the minutes tick away until I'm out of this dank and dusty place and home, eating spaghetti.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Sherrie said…

    Hey Earl,

    What sucks about Curb is that there isn't any eyecandy for women!!! What's up with that!! But I agree...Cheryl is a very sexy lady and if he wasn't loaded I think she would have dumped him a long time ago. The stuff she puts up with!!! This season has been funny, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home