A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, May 28, 2004

Finally Friday is here

I feel as if I've lived Friday three times over this week.
Am I in a time warp, destined to feel the same day... over and over?

Today is not such a bad day. I've got my orders ready for tomorrow finished. And am ahead of the incoming week. Good for ole SherBear!

That's what my brother calls me. SherBear
Al used to call me that too. But my brother's called me that the longest.

Al...his birthday is June 11. A part of me keeps saying to send him a card or note, but I know if I do, he'll think I want him back and it will only hurt him in the end.

Even though it's been 5 years, I still have things to resolve about him. But they are things I can do alone. So if I mention him here, just realize that its beause he's on my mind...not because he's in my heart. He's not anymore...at least not in a room with an open door.

I stuck him and the clutter from our past together into a cigarbox. He's on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust and mildew.

Enough of the past... it's a holiday weekend here. I'll work tomorrow but plan to be lazy Sunday and Monday. I'm sure I'll find time to slip in here and dribble a thought across the pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home