A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

My lovely DeskJet 1220C by Hewlett Packard



...is the devil.


I've said this often in my other journal.
Hewlett Packard and I have had a few fights over the quality of their printers. I'll save it for another day when I feel like ranting about them.

Today, I'll stand up to the plate and own up to my own mistake.
I was talked into trying a new photo paper. According to specifications, the thickness should work with HP printers. WRONG... I knew better. And kicked myself as the paper promptly became jammed as I tried to print an order this morning. I'm not used to working with paper jams, so it took a while for me to get it out. I had to go through the back and unjam it.

Then the printer wouldn't work. I was so distressed. Even came close to calling the repair shop around the corner. But I went with the trouble shooting feature on the toolbox in the printer program. Ta da! Found the problem...I didn't turn the knob on the back of the printer back to 'lock' after opening it. When I did, the printer lights popped on and trumpets blasted.

How does one repay the Goddess of Trouble Shooting? I mediated for a few minutes and the way was shown. I sacrificed upon the alter of troubleshooting an office supply clerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home