A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Sunday, May 09, 2004

the haibun that ate my mother's day letter

I've been doing some chores this morning. Nothing fun...but then are chores supposed to be fun. lol

We're taking Mom to a cool Chinese restaurant at around 3:30-4 this afternoon. Then its back home. Tonight's the Survivor finale. Yea, some people think its lame to watch..but jeez have you seen some of the programs on TV lately????? I wonder if the Thelma and Louise movie will ever get off the women's channels? Every time I surf, I hear that horrible southern accent that Susan S tries to pull off. Thanks but no thanks, I'll chose Survivor anytime...and having a crush on Jeff Probst really helps. ;)

I dreamt of him about every week during the last survivor. I would be afraid to get them analyzed. hehe

Damn, got off on a tangent!

I logged on here to write a little letter about my mom, but found instead that a haibun was born. I discovered haibun while looking for info on western haiku. There was a big debate a year or so back, about the proper way to write haiku. I'll go into that another day...today it's haibun day.

Haibun is supposed to be tighly written haiku essence prose about a journey, either physical or spiritual with a haiku at the end. Usually the haiku is related to the prose. There isn't a Haibun police, so you aren't committed to sticking to the traditional Basho haibun.

The one I wrote is for my wonderful friend, Robert. I've laced haiku between each small paragraph.