A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Some thoughts on a Saturday

I’m finding myself with a few moments of quiet time at work. Dad’s off taking wedding photos in Fayetteville. I’ve gotten out my Mother’s Day rush. Would you believe someone called and asked if I could do a photographic restoration job in less than 2 hours. My reply was rather sarcastic, though I didn’t mean to come off sounding that way. I said, “Sure, I’ve got fairy dust.” But when I told them the rush charge fee, they decided to go a different route with a present for dear old Mom.

~ ~ ~* ~ ~ ~

I haven’t written anything, except haiku all week. I know I should write or my quill will become rusted over. (I’m in the process of reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the 3 rd time). I’m seriously thinking of doing an erotic short story collection under a pen name. I’ve got plenty of short stories and a few not posted anywhere, too.

~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~

The other day, Uncle Red asked me what would I do if I won the SC lottery. I think the pot was up to $170 million. I said the first thing that came to mind.

“I would buy myself a Caribbean Island or…maybe a third world country and proclaim myself queen.”

He wasn’t too sure what to make of my comment. I guess he was expecting the usual sort of things people around here wish for. But I don’t play the lottery and really haven’t given it much thought.

~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~