A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Twilight and You

(Someone asked me to write a 'love' poem. So with the wine of my words, I produced cheese and crackers. May they sate for now. lol)


Twilight and You

With the dimming light of day failing,
The air takes on a distorted look,
Like a slightly out of focus photo.
Trees blend into shadows,
While sparrows chase night bugs,
Awakened by the setting sun.

It is twilight’s first peep
At the remains of the day.

Soon the moon will rise above the trees.
The world around me will fall into shadows,
Clothing me in deep purple shades of you.
You and twilight, my lovers at night.
Dance with me, as fireflies light the evening
With winking sparkles that keep secrets.

Your hands mold my twilight
Into seductive moonlight.

I cry that I love you, my twilight warrior.
You are the one who caged my heart, enslaved my soul.
My body so bathes in desire for you,
A harlot of lust and lips of wine.
It is twilight and you impale me
With the first taste of night’s pleasure.

Shadows meld with us, as we join.
I am lost in twilight and you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home