A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, July 30, 2004

July almost gone

My sister Lisa's birthday is tomorrow. She'll be the big 4-0! Mom's making homemade ice cream and cooking some sort of food on the grill. Not sure what yet. Then Sunday, I'm having Dad, Lisa and the boys over for dinner. Dad's birthday is Aug 2.
 
It's hard to believe time has flown so fast. Soon this year will be over and 2005 will be here. I feel as if I'm living day to day, not really thinking of it as time flies by and weeks leave not even a dust trail behind them.
 
Every day I think I'll work on this or that, paint or draw, write or edit...but I don't get a chance to do either some days. The simple joys I get are through writing and art, but time restraints keep me from them. I have books I want to read that are sitting on my bookcase shelf, each summoning me as I walk by them daily.
 
But I do know one thing--I take time to enjoy my nephews every chance I can. I know when they get older they won't wanna hang out with old Aunt Sherrie.  At least I have that comfort, even if I don't get to other things.
 
My ISP has been flaky lately at work. I don't know why. I've done everything I can to help the PC along. Its a dinasaur. Much as Dad doesn't want to invest in another system, we'll have too by the end of the year.
 
Work's been steady for us so far. We usually slow down to a crawl during the summer. I've had some interesting projects to work on. I'm working on some Navy photos from WWII right now. Cracked and creased--but not for long. After they're done, I've got a few photos from the early 70's to fix. They've turned a funny red color.
 
Tomorrow I'll be at work by myself. Maybe I'll be able to get some poems finished. It's usually quiet on Saturdays that Dad has a wedding.
 
Well, back to work. :(


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home