A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Happy Birthday Mom

Today's Mom's birthday--she's 58! Yes she was a child bride and a child mom--all of sweet 16 and thoroughly kissed when I was born.
 
She was at the house this morning with the boys. I told Ben it was Nana's birthday. I asked him how old was she, and he held up two fingers.  I said x 24? Course he didn't understand me but Mom did... she laughed. Then reminded me that when she gets older I get older two months later.
 
Last year she was in the hospital with bloodclots in her leg on my birthday and we didn't celebrate it, so technically I'm a year behind.
 
Tomorrow, John and I are taking Mom and her John to a late lunch/early dinner at our favorite Chinese place. I think Lisa and the boys are coming too. Mom's John had a birthday Aug 14. But we saved his presents for tomorrow.
 
Mom said it was just another day...maybe so but it's her day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home