A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Solemn Night


Solemn night, the sky dons a cloudy cloak of flimsy clouds.
Yet I see the stars that once lived in your eyes,
shining for the world to admire from afar.
Solemn night, music dies on zephyrs.

Death once sought sanctuary in buttercups,
wilting them under our feet as we danced
in a field of yellow and green.
I see death lurking in night so solemn.

Every wish I’ve made falls short of stars,
the dust of meteors clings to their tails;
debris from the death of love’s furious flame.
In the arms of night they hide solemn as I, solemn night.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Clouds cover the sky tonight. Don't think I've seen the moon since July 31.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home