A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Dawn and Dusk

Sometimes I feel as if I live my life on the edge of shadows,
never fully basking in the sun nor lounging in the moon's dark side.
A fine line I somehow balance where part of me is dawn
and the other half of me is dusk.
 
A battle of conflicting lighting, of constant turmoil--
yet somehow I survive in this confliction of karma.
Will I ever feel the warmth of sun burning my face?
Shall I never see the ebony of a dreamless night?
 
I feel half alive, in limbo as if on a thin mist cloud
hovering over solid ground, my feet longing for contact.
How long will this stagnation last, I wonder?
For eternity? If so, how will my soul survive?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home