A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, August 06, 2004

busy bee me

I've had a bevy of rush orders this week. Hopefully today will be a lighter day and I can catch up on some online stuff. I know I won't be able to tonight. Both nephews are spending the evening with me. After playing with them, I'll be desiring some quiet time.
 
William's first few days of school have been very good. We're kind of relieved. The teacher has two assistants who help her with the class. Every day Will brings home a folder that contained his homework, work done at school, special announcements and a daily log of what he did, how he acted and the stuff he needs to work on at home. Yes he had homework! We read a book together nightly and he does stuff like color blocks and count them, match like pictures and other simple tasks that help him with eye hand coordination. He's not too good at holding a pencil or crayon. There are a lot of things he is behind on. When he was diagnosed with Autism, the doctors told my sister that her smallest child would pass William quickly. That may be so in some things...but William hold some surprises I think.
 
I've been doing some thinking this week as I worked on the photos I had to rush through..mainly about love and how we can't let it go...when it's not ours to begin with. How sometimes we try to manipulate people into loving us...which only serves to wound our souls because no matter how much we cling to the love, if its not ours...its not ours...no matter how desperately we deem it so.  I may write about that later... right now, the perfect cup of coffee awaits.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home