A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Better Mood

Comedy soothes the savage soul. I watched the first DVD of the Reno 911 series that's on the Comedy channel. I laughed my ass off. I swear they kill me. I've seen most of the shows but not all of them. I feel lots better spiritually.

Belly danced for an hour tonight with my new purple hip scarf. Its so lovely..lots of intricate bead work. It looks noisy but isn't. Not like the navy one I have. Concentrated on hip work tonight. No veils. The veil work we've been doing is complicated and I keep getting my head stuck in the veil. My arms are short I think. Maybe I should hang by my arms from something for a few hours a day, so they'll grow.

As I danced I pictured myself seducing a sultan...after a catfight with the other harem girls. lol
Singing..."Midnight at the O-a-sis... send your camel to bed... I'll be your belly dancer, romancer and you can be my she--ik... You don't need no harem honey, when I"m by your side..." (how many of you know this is a Grateful Dead song???)

I'm off to take a shower and hit the hay...got an early day at work.


1 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Grateful Dead... No way!??
    I remember hearing that song years ago when I was still in Jr. High school... and I thought the song was by Maria Muldaur... or maybe it was Phoebe Snow.. Oh, who knows.. never mind.. I'm confused. Lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home