A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

(title added--Sept 22--You Say)

You Say


Your eyes told me the truth
even as your lips disagreed.
Heaven is a mirage for fools,
I know this yet believed
your declarations of Heaven's rapture.
Every word you uttered reeked of brimstone,
yet sounded like the magic of harps playing
upon my listening ears.
Your eyes cannot lie to me,
I see the reflection of an abyss,
the dark corners you hide from me.
There are glimpses of a monster
but you do paint a pretty picture
with words.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
a rare occasion--a poem with no title from me.Its sort of like an orphan...no name, no place to go... doesn't fit it. Maybe I'll care enough to name it later.

****Sept 22.
I care too much about my writing to let a poem go untitled. To me it shows that a person cares very little for their creations when a poem or story isn't titled. I care for mine...even those that don't fit in to my ususal outlook on life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home