A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Little Boy

A little boy laughs
and my world stops.
I am living in his eyes,
blue and sparkling
like sunlight on water.
When he puts his hands
on my cheeks and says
he loves me,
my world starts
spinning again.

~~ ~~ ~~

Ben sat on my lap last night as we looked through the 'wish' book.
We found a picture of a "Little People" Noah's Ark play set.
He was eating some Toy Story fruit snacks shaped like Buzz Lightyear, Woody and other characters' head. He shared with me--though they suck I ate them. As we talked about the picture of the ark, he gave me a Woody head. I placed it over the head of a zebra and said, "Look Ben, Woody's a zebra." Which started a new game. He laughed so hard.

Then suddenly... he put both hands on my cheeks, held my face with his sticky fruity hands and said, 'Sheddie, I love you."

There are occasions when a moment freezes in time--this was one.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    This story is so sweet, I love hearing about you and the boys, and this one is wonderful... they really love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home