A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Jeez...

A month left of being 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me add a few more !'s
!!!!!
I don't feel like I'm in my 40's. I feel like I did at 26 or so.
Though I found some gray today that's been lurking.

I've been thinking about Dad's question from yesterday....
about me working at a 'gentlemen's club' dancing...lol
you know I must be looking fine if his first reaction was that I am a Pole dancer. lol

As I was finishing up my work yesterday, my sister called. She, the nephews, my mom and brother were at the house. Mom was doing some housework and Lisa was there with the kids. She couldn't get the DVD to work. The DVD wasn't recognized or something like that. I laughed because I don't know a thing about how to fix the problem. I told her to keep pressing buttons until it started, because that's what I do when I get that same error message. Then I got to thinking that maybe I was giving bad advice, so I told her I was coming on home.

When I got there, everyone was eating. Mom had made spaghetti, so I grabbed a plate. Lisa had a VHS tape of a Halloween show from Disney. Ben was eating on the couch, a serving tray balanced on his lap. He moved toys out of the way and patted the cushion beside him, saying "Sit Sheddie, sit."

Lisa said he starts speech therapy next week. I'll miss him saying "Sheddie."

I asked if he was my little buddy. He said, "mommy's buddy." I was like...no way...

But after dinner though, while William was doing his homework...as an incentive we told him he could watch the new Scooby Doo movie once he was done...I worked on the DVD remote. I think Lisa didn't press the right button to turn it on, because it worked fine with me. I turned the TV onto mute, so that William wouldn't know the DVD was working fine.

Ben crawls into my lap, even though his mom was sitting right there. Holds my fingers and says, "Scoo doo, Sheddie. Fight da monsters." I gave him a million kisses on his head. He let me. Didn't wipe them off. Then I asked if he was my buddy.

"No mommy's buddy."

"Whose lap are you sitting on?"

"Sheddie's."

"Zackly!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home