A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, September 09, 2004

William's on Today and Tomorrow

Nephew William spent last night with me. He's sorting through the meaning of Today and Tomorrow...and meduim. Can't forget medium.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Upon greeting me:

"Aunt Sherrie, today is Wednesday. Tomorrow is Thursday."

"So what's the day after tomorrow?"

"uhmm..Today."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We played with one of his pokemon video games. It has three levels: easy-normal-hard.

"William, click on easy--normal's too hard."

"No Aunt Sherrie, it's Medium."

(Going along with him) "Click on easy anyway. Medium is harder."

"No, No...NO Aunt Sherrie, medium is easy."

"No silly, easy is easy. Medium is harder..."

"No its not...hard is hard."

"William, easy is easy. Medium is hard but not as hard as hard is, so click on easy...NOW."

He clicks on normal...aka...medium. Plays for five seconds then declares:

"Aunt Sherrie, medium is hard. Let's play easy today. We'll do medium tomorrow."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the kitchen sometime later, I'm doing the dishes and he's hugging me from behind.

"Aunt Sherrie, are you happy today?"

I turned and hugged him, then stooped to his level so he could see my brightly smiling face.

"Do I look happy, William?"

"" umm hmm... you're happy!"

"Yes, I'm happy...very happy today."

"You'll be happy tomorrow too, Aunt Sherrie!"

With him around, I think he's right.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home