A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

11 pm

...........Fort Bragg is active tonight. Or at least the sky overhead is. Since around 9 pm, I've heard flocks of helicopters...hmm do helicopters flock or would they be more like a gander? They're flowing overhead now, so low you can see their soft bellies.
 
Earlier I had the TV on...loud. They roared above it, which frightened me a little. I'm alone tonight and the sound seemed haunting. I've turned off the TV and there is only silence... well, except my hip belt. Its got a zillion coins dangling on it and I keep saying I'll go dance in a minute, which turns into hours.
 
Just think...those guys out there are training right now...and will be sent into war. God Bless them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home