A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Flame of Autumn

The flame of autumn under a lapis sky
burns the hollows of my soul, blue etched fire.
I cannot remember an autumn that was so rich
in gold and embers, casting a glow on the ground.

You are the evening star, so distant.
Every sparkle a winking eye daring me to wish.
Autmn highlights gleem in your hair.
You cast starlight, the blood of hope in your veins.

Once again autumn has arrived and I smile;
The soft fur of a doe blending with foliage,
the cry of a hawk as it flies over red-tipped trees,
and the burning of morning fog off the landscape.

The days are fiery and beautiful, autumn-born fruit.
But the nights fire heaven in a way only lovers know.
You stargaze down as I look up. The memory of our kiss
and autumn's first leaf, flaming to the ground.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~
First poem in a week... my muse is to be complimented. lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home