A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, October 22, 2004

Bond, Christopher Bond

Yesterday Ledena came by. She's our lab lady. In tow was her son Christopher. He's 5 and claims to be my only boyfriend. So sorry all you hopefuls out there... I'm spoken for.
He loves to talk to me. I'm silly and well, like to tease him.
 
We talked about his harley davidson boots. I'm allowed to borrow them if I ever get an orange dress.  So I'm off to buy one this week. lol
 
Then we discussed Christopher's super powers. He has a sword that shoots out of his right eye and he can burn things red but it has to be in the dark or it doesn't work. 
Which made me think of James Bond. So I said:
 
"You're like James Bond. He has a car that turns into a plane and flies. And a watch that has a magnet in it. He's got an ink pen that shots a laser..."
 
I stopped because Christopher is shaking his head.
 
"What do you mean NO? Haven't you heard of James Bond? He's a secret spy."
 
"No man can do that Sherrie." He was very adamant and gave me a look that was almost pitying...as if I had been duped by the James Bond Myth.
 
"Yes he can. I've seen it on TV."
 
"No man can." He was very grave.
 
"Well, you can shoot red lights from your eyes and have a sword that shots out. If you can do that, so can James Bond !!!"
 
"That's how I know ...because I can't do that. I made it up." He took my hand and kissed it. "Forgive me?"
 
lol... I dread seeing this child grow up... there won't be a woman in 100 miles that won't be affected by his charm.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    That is the best, lol, yeah that boy is going to be something else when he grows up, hehe.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Peanut Road said…

    You Southern belles just bring out the charm in us guys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home