A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Blue Screen of Death

.......................................last night after 1 am, I was online for a little while. And... I got the blue screen of death.. a fatal error. I think it came from a Microsoft XP patch I downloaded. I was rebooting and there it was...death of my PC.
 
A wonderful birthday present to myself---NOT! I had to wait until this morning to call Dell support. I spent from 8 am to 11 am today with a Dell rep and had to reformat the PC.
 
Yes I lost everything...photos of my nephews, my flowers, my family... my poetry (thank heavens I post online), my completed and edited version of my Irish Pirate Novel, pictures of My soldier and also IM's I had saved from when Dan was alive and we used to chat on AOL. They're gone. I'm more upset about that than anything. They were priceless memories I can never regain.
 
So am I wiser on my birthday... hell yes... always make backups of your files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home