A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, October 28, 2004

I've been battling a headache all day and the hospital keeps sending us a fax!
They've called 9 times in the last 30 mins. Our number is one digit different than one of the heart doctors here in town. I probably get at least one patient a week calling to either make an appointment or cancel one. I don't screw around with them. Not like I did with Ford's service department's calls.

The PC line used to be our telemarketing line. Naturally we don't do that anymore, so it's been turned into the PC line. It is one digit different that Ford's Service department. I used to work in the room the line's located at. I bet the phone rang a zillion times a day for Ford. Some guy wanting me to order a part! I always told them they had the wrong number but you wouldn't believe the guys who would call back, still thinking I was Ford.

Once a very drunk guy called wanting to order a muffler for a Mustang. I told him he had the wrong number to dial a 9 instead of an 8. He called back... and called back and called back...when he got pissed at me, I said "Look you're dialing the number not me. Don't cuss me out because you're fingers won't work."

He said, "Stupid bitch, I'm pressing redial..my fingers do work."

I hung up. What a stupid asshole! He called back and I said, "Sure we'll order that muffler. Check back in 3 days."

Never did find out if he got that muffler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home