A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Friday, December 16, 2005

In a Nutshell

I did laundry last night and spent the first part of the morning, picking kleenex debris out of my jeans and socks. Note to self: check the pockets before I wash.

Busy weekend...again. Parties tonight and tomorrow. Work tomorrow --a full day, darnit.

My first cousin, Lee and his wife brought their tiny 4 lb 5 ounce baby home yesterday. Her name is Allie. She's a cutie. Stopped by to coo over her. She was born at 7 months--premature and is doing great. A sweet little Christmas present to be passed around when everyone comes to visit.They have 2 girls already and keep trying for a boy... I have a feeling they'll end up with a house full of girls.

Yesterday, I had a surprise visitor... Allen, my last major ex-boyfriend... it was weird seeing him...he's sober now and cleaned up his act..Reminded me of the Al I first met in 95...which isn't a good thing... makes temptation hard to resist...luckily he's in a part of Fayetteville I never visit... why is it that when you see an important old ex that you don't look your best..or feel like you look your best...the jeans I had on were too big and kept sliding...and my hair was doing that 'let's get wild ---it's rainy' look...but he seemed to think I looked terrific...kept telling me to come over for dinner that he would put some meat on my bones... and we could 'talk.' ...lol..yea right

I made fudge last night and it didn't do right..don't tell my home ec teacher..she'll hunt me down and make me sew curtains or parboil spareribes or iron something with that ham thing...but in my defense I followed a friend's recipe. I wonder if she left out an ingredient so mine wouldn't turn out. You have to be careful when getting recipes from women who prefer to be the best cook around.

Hey, check out this spam name: Heriberto Ho ... can you say it fast 3 times? lol

have a great weekend, guys... Hanukkah-Kwanzaa Claus is watching..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home