A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One of those Days!

I'm having a goofy day-- This morning it took me 20 mins to get out of the post office parking lot...I think everyone in Lumberton was there. Then I dropped a full cup of coffee in front of the front desk...hoping it doesn't stain the carpet. Oh yea..while I was at the post office (went for stamps and forgot them) I saw a guy I dated briefly in 95...we went out a few times--hit it off but he had to move out of town due to his job...anyway he's back here now. When he asked if I was married, I said no...he said, "I wish I had looked you up sooner. I'm getting married next weekend. Got a girl pregnant." I'm thinking I'm glad he didn't. Hell, I don't even want to stand close to his pants if he's that fertile.

Then just now a guy called asking if we did id cards. We do the pictures but not the cards... so I told him about a store but called it Penny Lane. The Beatles song... we couldn't find it in the phone book... but I told him where it was. Then remembered it's not called Penny Lane. So I checked our Caller ID thingie and called him back...told him the real name. And to explain I said, "I was thinking of the Beatles." He sort of laughed but I could tell he was thinking..."What a dopey chick!"

I'm covered in work. This means I'll have to come in a few hours early until Christmas is over. I don't mind...beats staying late in a cold building. My nipples hate me when they get so cold they can cut glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home