A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

~ ~ ~

I'm not titling this post. Nothing would be appropriate.

A neighbor...someone I've known all my life committed suicide last night.
He had bad health problems due to hard life--drinking and drugs.
There were rumors about the health issues but I'll not hash them up.
(pun not intended)

He lived in a 'trailer' on a lot beside his mother's nice roomy brick home.
His younger bachelor brother lived with his mother. I often wondered why he didn't.
Maybe the health issues ...or maybe because he was used to his independence.
He has a nice son, in his early 20's. I'm sure it is very hard on him ...and on the brother and mother too.

But that's not he point of my email...
The trailer is on the main road--very close to the highway. It looks out of place amongst the brick homes that surround it. But ever since its been put there--about a year now, when I drive by in the mornings going to work, I look to see if a funeral wreath is on the door. Strange I know but every time I would pass the trailer, I would think of death.

This morning, as I drove by I saw a Sheriff's Deputy sitting in his car in the yard. There was yellow police tape around the perimeter of the trailer.

I knew he was dead... and it didn't surprise me...nor the fact he chose suicide.

But I was wrong about the funeral wreath...its on his mother's house...not the trailer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home