A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, August 23, 2004

A Poem and Thoughts on Love

After all these years...

Is it so bad to want to lay with you on silver clouds lined in purple satin?
To fuck away every bad kiss, lick and touch that our bodies have suffered?
The timing seems perfect, as the years have made us both bolder…wiser.
But there is an underlying fear that we will burn out in the inferno of our first kiss.

I have spent most my life, trying to find the perfect blend of love,
Wearing it on my sleeve and watching it tugged and pulled at the seams.
I've awakened to a second coming that illuminates my reasoning.
Now I know that sometimes love isn't enough and can never be.

With the arrival of August,hot and sultry I've found you eagerly ready
To forge ahead into carnality with such intensity that Satan's frightened.
Our lips do not speak of love, but of lust deeper than the ocean's waters.
I am not afraid to face this lust that will burn me deeper than love ever has.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've come to a conclusion that love is not enough--never will be enough...well, in my case. When I love, I love intensely. My faith used to be that love conquered everything-- drugs, cheating hearts, alcoholics, distance and even time. But it doesn't. Mine never has. And I am okay with this thought. I've learned to live with unfulfilled love by placing it in a room in my heart. It either stays there or fades slightly--or I find a way to live with it and still carry on with my life.

Lately I've been thinking about Lust and how it can sear the skin in ways that is so different from love. Maybe because when you give into the primalness of lust, the whole intensity is different. I've decided to see if this is true. Maybe lust will bring a part of me to life that love hasn't quite managed to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home