A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Love's Potion

There is no poetry in my soul today.
Every tender thought has vanished under my fingertips
as I grip my pen to write.
Love is a glimpse of heaven some say.
But I wonder if that's true.
Every sip I drank of love's potent potion has left me thirsty,
each draught even more potent than the last.
An addiction has formed that I cannot seem to shake,
even when my cup is full.
Love is hell, I think.
Its consumption burning me while its absence leaves me in a freeze
that death cannot touch.
With each kiss I receive, I die a little.
Is there salvation for me,
from this hell that love brings with its promises and desires?

~I think I've been reading too much of Romeo Blue's poetry. hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home