A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Sunshine so far

Finally...the sun shines. We're in flood stages and it's not pretty.
 
I'm having one of those days where my printer and I are locked in a battle and its winning the war. Hewlett Packard really is the devil. A client swears she needs a photo retouched and copied by Sat at 11 and has yet to show up with it. I made no firm promise. Half the time when I get these calls, the person tries to downplay the damage on the photo, so I'll say..."Sure I'll get it done in a New York minute."  Yet they take a Robeson County hour to get it here.
 
Been writing an erotic saga the last few days. I got the first part done and have the second part started, but a creative plunder has occurred...I keep getting flashes of a dream I had this morning before waking. I was climbing over wet rocky terrain, trying to get to the ocean. The rocks were slippery and in the crevices were broken shells and hermit crabs, trying to pinch my toes. I had my toe rings on and I remember looking down at them and thinking, "I shouldn't have worn these."  Where was I coming from, I wonder? What happened to my shoes and why was I not bleeding from the sharp ridges on the rocks?
 
My muse... funny how she works. By giving me another image, she's misdirecting my desire to write something I have been finding joy in creating.
 
And on top of all this, my mental CD player is playing Belly Dance music, as I work on the tedious task of dust spotting, I'm doing mental hip bumps to the drum solos.
 
I think I'll publically execute my muse if she tosses in drum solos and hip bumps with rock climbing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home