A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, June 07, 2004

Hairy Potty

...okay...I shouldn't make fun of his name. I'm in a playful mood, so excuse me.


When I got online this morning, I had a ton of offlines from John (an old online friend who got me interested in reading the Harry Potter books). He took his son to see the movie this weekend and Sara (another online friend) told him I had went to see it, too.

Since there are probably people reading here that haven't seen the movie yet, I won't say anything that hasn't been said already. I'll just say this...

J and I agree that though it was a good movie, we are having a hard time not faulting it for what was left out.


Yes, it is a big story to tell in under 3 hours, but still...there were important little tidbits that make the story that were left out.

It is very hard to separate the book from the movie, when you so love the book. John said that maybe we should stop reading the books. But that would be a tragedy, I think. J. K. Rowlings writes an incredible tale. The movies try to capture it, and they do in big ways, but like I told J, it's hard to make a movie that is in tune with our imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home