A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, September 13, 2004

The Breakfast Goddess

I had dinner at the IHOP recently, which reminded me about the time when Al proclaimed me the Breakfast Goddess. You see, I have a secret recipe for French Toast. While he lived in the Charlotte area, I would make it for him every Sunday when I visited on the weekend. He loved it. Told all his friends about how good my French Toast was...soon they started showing up for breakfast and all agreed that Sher Bare was the Breakfast Goddess.

All was fine until the Bojangles Lady found out about it. Don't know if the Bojangles restaurant chain is all over the US, but here in the Carolinas it is very popular, serving biscuits and chicken all day long. The Bojangles Lady called herself the Biscuit Goddess. Though there are lots of Goddesses in mythology, there can only be one in reality. So a war was declared.

Never did find out who let it slip that I was the Breakfast Goddess. Al had his suspicions but I wasn't convinced. The paper trail was destroyed and the investigation is now cold.

We had our fair share of smear campaigns that not only hurt our images but also caused much grief to the French Toast and Biscuit Eaters of the Carolinas. An independent squadron of French Toast Supports took matters into their own hands with swipes at the Biscuit Goddess--no I didn't endorse them. But was accused of playing unfairly. So to save face and be graceful as I tend to be, I stepped down and let the Biscuit Goddess wear her crown of flour. Even I know that the best isn't always the right choice.

So all was well in the Biscuit Eating Kingdom until recently when some memos showed up online about my secret French Toast recipe....now battle lines are being drawn again...and I have to know readers....

are you with me? or against me?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My name is shamanpoet...
    and I approve this message.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home