A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Write Tonight

I do not want to write of love tonight,
its soft hands touching my hair.
Words seem like minutes,
falling fast into hours of paragraphs.
Do not look for love in my words.
The twisting on your lashes on my skin
as you kiss me does not require an ode.
The night is too dark for love,
too sweltering in the shadows to cool a caress.
I will write about doves so white
that in moonlight they cast a blue glow,
as they coo in their sleep, dreaming of morning.
Love is an overused word, sometimes a weapon
to bend will and spirit.
Tonight, I shall strike it from my vocabulary,
even as you bind me with your kisses forever.

~ ~ ~
Heavily Pablo Neruda influenced poem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home