A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Saturday, September 11, 2004

To Green Eyes...a Letter

The first leaf of autumn falls now,
Pale olive tainted brown with death.
Mid-afternoon winds softly howl,
Stealing summer’s lingering breath.

I wonder where you are, Green Eyes.
You have missed summer’s foamy seas
And the orange and pinks of the skies,
When at sunset my day flees.

You once told me to watch the night,
And to Venus whisper my love.
Were there messages in starlight
That you sent to God up above?

Green Eyes, my Green eyes, you have my soul.
How can I fight your memory?
Oh my heart will never be whole.
My lost summer days now wintry
And barren is love’s grassy knoll.

Slowly autumn is creeping in,
The days now dusty and shorter.
Frost will decorate the pumpkin
And the vines die on the arbor.

Do you remember our sweet spring?
We danced naked under moonlight,
Our joy pulling at night’s heartstring.
We never thought beyond the night.

I lived on moonbeams and your kiss,
Writing poetry on your lips.
Instead of drinking deep from bliss,
I should have taken little sips.

Since you’ve left time has flown away.
Summer bleeds into autumn skies.
Alone I dance in love’s ballet
And pray you’re somewhere safe, Green Eyes.
Maybe we’ll meet again someday.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A double Rondel poem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home