A Sip of Sherrie

A taste of Me.. Poetry, stories and reflections of a Southern Belle. :)

Monday, September 13, 2004

Survivor



I'm not a reality show junkie like some people are. I watch Survivor and sometimes the Surreal Life. Oh and the first Joe Smoe show....very funny. Ok.. and I did watch the Scifi show ...damn, can't remember the name of it...

I think the question I'm asking myself is...Has Survivor jumped the Shark?
For those who don't know what I mean by jumping the Shark...think back to Happy Days...and how quickly the show went downhill once the Fonze jumped the Shark!

I used to love Survivor...mainly because its a mental show as much as a physical show. I love mental challenges that's why it appeals to me. Okay... to be completely honest... I have a thing for Jeff Probst. He's a hottie...I even had dreams about him and me on a deserted island.

But the All-Star Survivor... really left a bad taste in my mouth. The best of the best! NOT! The Best of the ones they could talk into doing it again. What really got me was how they let Rob run the show! And Ethan... poor Ethan--he tried so hard and kept f&cking up. I have yet to figure out what the big deal is over Rupurt--yea he's a hippie..so am I but he never has impressed me with mental skills. Anyway... I'll stop that rant before the Rupurt lovers come after me.

I noticed on a commerical about Survivor that they have 18 castaways instead of the usual 16! Another reason I think they've jumped the shark. I bet your immunity idol that it won't be the only change.

Once I wanted to live in one of Jeff Probst's dimples and vacation in the other one, but now... now I don't even stop my remote control surfing when I see him in a commerical. Poor Jeff, no longer is he the reason my panties are wet... I wonder how he'll feel about this once he realizes I'm not looking at the website on CBS and that when I see him on a commerical, I flip the channel. Will he be devastated? Give up his smarmy smirks for a deep and saddened look of sighs and mummurs of why? I hope he can adjust and still do a good job on the show...

Maybe...just maybe once it starts, I'll get into it.. if not...well, I guess somehow the show will go on.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home